Rivendell Glamping Pods are cute, curvy and comfortable, with huge charm and character. If you love the idea of a holiday with a difference, a touch of adventure and romance, then Rivendell is for you. Forget previous experiences of camping, at Rivendell you will enjoy many home comforts in a warm and cosy space, perfect for a couple or a family. Rivendell consistently receives full-marks in guest reviews.
From the comfort of the glamping pod, you can step onto the deck to enjoy relaxing in the hot tub or you can simply enjoy the great outdoors at first hand, perhaps taking in the panoramic views or strolling down to the river to enjoy some fishing. Why not make friends with the resident piggies, Rhubarb and Raspberry, who live in the next-door paddock.
Tucked neatly into the old orchard on the farm, you will have a great deal of privacy whilst enjoying your holiday in the countryside. The pods are just a few stepping stones away from the central farm courtyard yet they are not overlooked.
Rivendell has double doors to the front, opening out onto a large decked area with glorious country views across the Tamar Valley to Devon. Enjoy meals on the deck or relax further on one of the recliners. We have no light pollution and we’re sure you’ll love sitting on the deck in the evenings, gazing at the night sky.
We know how important kitchen and bathroom facilities are when you are on holiday. With that in mind, next to the living / sleeping pod you will have your own adjacent bathroom pod with a flushable toilet, hot shower and full sized wash basin. We have also provided a wash-up / food preparation area to the rear.
Cooking meals can be done al-fresco on our gas powered barbeque – perfect for Cornish breakfasts of locally sourced produce. Inside the glamping pod we have provided you with a kettle – essential for your early morning cuppa (no waiting for a camp fire!) There is also a microwave to make things quick and easy. So that you don’t have to fill up your car with the basics, we have provided saucepans, a non-stick frying pan, crockery, cutlery and utensils.
Maximum occupancy: Two adults, two children.
We regret that Rivendell is not suitable for children under two, or who are unable to sleep in a bed.
Our glamping pod was beautifully constructed in Scotland. The pod is insulated with a 4” air gap inside a watertight shell. It is quite spacious at 4.8 metres long, 2.4 metres wide and 2.6 metres high. An electric heater is provided but we promise you won’t be cold!
Facilities and Services
• Integrated double bed and two singles (smaller than standard)
• Single beds convert into seating for daytime use
• Electric-powered hot tub with bubble jets for exclusive use of glamping guests
• Flatscreen digital TV and DVD player
• Electricity & Wi-Fi
• Under counter fridge with freezer box
• Gas barbeque and hob
• Kitchen utensils inc metal tub to keep drinks cool
• Bedding and towels
• Heater in each pod
• Parking in courtyard adjacent to the glamping pod
• Shared children’s playarea
• Camp firepit in adjacent orchard
• Watch the chickens in their coop and the two kune kune pigs in the orchard
• Communal games room and tourist information.
• Fly fishing on the River Tamar and River Deer (please bring own licence and fishing equipment)
• Welcome tray
• Shared Electric car charging point (type 1 & 2 adaptors available) – if required please tell us in advance. Charges apply
Rivendell glamping pods are available for stays of two nights and over.
Rivendell is pet-free accommodation
With a tap to wash off your bike and comfortable affordable accommodation the glamping pods provide ideal beds for touring cyclists.